A super healthy and hearty soup! Make a double portion once and freeze in portion sizes so you can enjoy a great bowl of soup whenever you like!
Roasted pepper soup (4 persons)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
½ red bell pepper
6 roasted peppers in jar
2 tbsp. olive oil
70 g tomato paste
1 L vegetable stock
5 g fresh basil
1,5 tsp. dried basil
Optional: salt and pepper
1. Wash the peppers and cut them into little pieces.
2. Cut the roasted peppers into pieces.
3. Heat a pan with olive oil. Add the roasted peppers and let it stew for a minute. Mix the tomato paste into the mixture and let it fry for 1 minute.
4. Add the vegetable stock and dried basil. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
5. Puree the soup with a blender or immersion blender.
6. Place the pieces of pepper and fresh basil to garnish the soup. Season with salt and pepper.
You can roast the fresh peppers into the oven. When the peppers are blackened, they can be skinned. Then you can use them in the soup instead of the peppers in jar.
Add (soy)cream for more creamy soup.