Such a delicious start of the day or a snack bursting with flavor. Ideal for breakfast on the go for busy people: prep in the weekend and enjoy all week! If you use the quantities in this recipe you can use it during the first phase of your low FODMAP diet.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
8 tbsp. quinoa- or rice flakes
8 tbsp. crushed linseeds or chia seeds
4 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
16 tbsp. chopped macadamias
120 g chopped pecans or walnuts
50 g chopped almonds
4 tbsp. walnut oil
2 tbsp. currants or raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 160 ᴼC / 320 F.
2. Put the flakes, seeds and nuts with the walnut oil in a bowl and mix together.
3. Place a piece of grease proof paper on a baking tray and spread the mixture out of it, about 1 centimeter thick. Press it gently with the back of a spoon.
4. Put the backing tray in the oven and bake it until it is almost dry and crispy.
5. Remove the baking tray out of the oven and let it cool for at least one hour. Then, break the mixture from the baking tray into pieces. Mix in the currants or raisins and keep it in a container.
Tip: Add some fresh strawberries and kiwi, delicious! It is nice with (plant based) yogurt or milk for breakfast.