Rhubarb and chocolate is a great combination. With these ingredients, I have made a delicious dessert. To make the delicious chocolate mousse I used So Free chocolate, from Plamil. This chocolate is gluten free, cow milk free and free of nuts.
The recipe is enough for about 6 people. You can prepare this is less than half an hour and then it only needs half an hour in the oven.
• 400 g rhubarb
• 5 cm grated ginger
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp of gala masala
• peel of 1 orange
• juice of 3 oranges
• 4 dates
• one hand of nuts, for example; walnuts, hazelnuts ( to make the recipe nut free just use the ingredients below)
• 2 tbsp of 100% gluten free oatmeal
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. Wash the rhubarb and cut into pieces of 5 cm.
3. Cut the ginger and dates into small pieces.
4. Put everything into an oven dish (without the crumble) and mix together.
5. Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. Crack and chop your nuts and mix with oatmeal and coconut oil.
7. After 30 minutes, divide the crumble over the dish and put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
• 1 avocado
• 2 (ripe) bananas
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp cardamom
• 2 tbsp of raw cocoa
• 2 tsp honey or date syrup
• 1 chocolate bar (100 gr)*
• 2 tbsp grated coconut
• fresh mint
• black berries
1. Cut half the chocolate bar into small pieces.
2. Mix all of the ingredients for the chocolate mousse – except the chopped chocolate – in a kitchen machine.
3. Put the mousse in a large bowl and scoop the chocolate pieces through.
4. Let it rest in the fridge
Serve the warm rhubarb crumble on a (deep) plate with the soft mousse next to it. Finish by decorating with the topping. A delicious treat to see but even more to enjoy!
You don’t feel like cooking but you would like to enjoy a nice piece of chocolate? The So Free bars from Plamil are full of flavour; very yummy!
They are available in multiple flavours. Of course there is the basic milk and pure chocolate but also lovely ones like pure chocolate with mint or orange… Try them all!
Enjoy your dessert!