We love Chinese food! But takeaways are always a risk, think of the onion and garlic added normally to this dish… But if you prepare it like this, you don’t miss out on anything. Same flavor, fresh ingredients… When you prepare it the day before it is even better! This oriental fried rice recipe is free from gluten, dairy, low in fructose and suitable for the low FODMAP diet.
Oriental fried rice (4 persons)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
300 g rice
150 g pork steaks
200 g chicken breast
1 red pepper
3 spring onions (only the green part, save some for garnish)
2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. syrup
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. coriander
2 tsp. ginger powder
2 tsp. curry powder
½ tsp. chilli flakes (use more if you like spicy)
1. Cook the rice with some salt as indicated on the package.
2. Cut the pork steaks and chicken breasts into strips. Cut the red pepper and spring onion, also in strips.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pork and the chicken briefly. Add the red pepper and the spring onion and fry until the meat is golden brown. Add the spice mix and the syrup and mix well. Reduce the heat to low and let it cook slowly for 2-3 minutes.
When we were experimenting with the spice mix, it was very salty. Therefore we eliminated the salt. Now you can taste and decide if you want to add some salt.
4. Fry the eggs in a pan and cut into strips. Add the strips of egg to the dish.
5. Add the rice and let it heat together.
6. Serve the fried rice and garnish with some spring onion.
7. Serve the sambal separately and add as much as you like.